Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Just got picked up by another store!!!!



Whew! I've been one busy bee this week, networking and hardly having any time for anything. LOL Yesterday I had a meeting with GAGA (Greater Austin Garbage Artists). They just opened up a new shop on S. 1st in Austin. Well I brought all my recycled couture: like this cartoon skirt featured in this blog. It used to be a pillowcase. Now it's an adorable skirt. We sat there and talked about each other creativity, kids, bosses, life in general. She loved my style, she said I had an awesome imagination with my pieces and she offered to help me in perfecting my sewing techniques, which is always a plus. She took the whole back I brought in and is planning to consign most of them. I'm super excited about this. This is the second local shop to featured my clothing.


But wait, that's not all. I have another appointment with Stylez another local shop this Sunday for a possible consignment as well. Plus I was propositioned by a Fashion Stylist in Michigan who is interested in using my clothing for her photoshoots and her "What's up and coming" in fashions. This makes me feel fantastic, knowing that people really like my clothes. I know I may not make the best designs always, my techinques could always use some perfecting, and well not every designer make great pieces all the time. But as a designer and a crafter, nothing makes you feel better inside that to hear the compliments you get as a result. My calendar is filling up as a result. I have another photoshoot this weekend and I would like to have some more new stuff to offer and put together
especially since I would like to have more clothes in more shops. Plus my roller derby team wants me to make them capes for their upcoming bout next Sunday! Whew. But I'm still going to pace myself, not use all my free time to do this. I still have things I would like to do this weekend, like my friends wedding, pride fest and shows I would like to. But in the meantime, I'm living in the excitement of knowing places like my stuff!!!




No comments: